Pin It button on image hover

Monday, March 12, 2012

Here Goes Nothin'

I have been tossing around the idea of writing a blog for a long time.  I got a wake up call a few weeks ago that reminded me I needed to educate others about agriculture and how we raise the food that eventually gets to the grocery store and our family's tables.  My husband and I operate a diversified farm in Kansas.  We grow wheat, corn, soybeans and have a cow/calf operation.  We have been watching (and helping a few of) our cows have calves for the last month and things are starting to slow down, but corn planting is right around the corner.  We have 2 young boys that like to think they help us out on a regular basis.  Right now they are in charge of caring for 2 bottle calves and our new cow dog puppy named Zeke.  We have a part time hired man and my father-in-law likes to come hang out and help us too.  Farming and ranching has changed so much over the years and must continue to change to meet the growing demand for food.  It is my goal to help others realize how much technology we use on a daily basis and how it helps to keep America's food supply the safest and cheapest in the world.

1 comment:

  1. I am fascinated with what you, Randy, and the kids do. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.