Pin It button on image hover

Saturday, September 29, 2012

A Week of Pictures- September 2012


This week the colors of fall really starting showing.  Especially in the early maturing soybean fields...







The monitor for the autosteer in my tractor this week sure made things less stressful on me.

The view from my office on Thursday as I put fertilizer on for our wheat crop.




Went out to check the girls on Friday and even though we don't like that the broom weed has invaded due to the droughts.  It sure does make a pretty picture with black cows.




The Persimmon trees are turning.  They are another invasive species that we try to get rid of in our pastures, but are beautiful in the fall and the deer love eating the fruit they produce.

Look closely...can you see the big worm?
In case you didn't find him, here is a closer look.



Have a great week everyone!  If you would like to see more pictures as the week goes along be sure to follow me on Facebook.

-A Kansas Farm Mom

2 comments:

  1. The weed does make for beautiful pictures. I do believe goats would love to help get rid of those invasive species.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goats would be fabulous and we have talked of trying them, but finding the time to build a fence that will keep the darlings in is stopping us right now. I think the boys may try to show a few next year and we will see then...

      Delete

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.