Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

W4DW-Dairy Carrie's Favorite Pork Recipe


  • It is Porktober (October is Pork Month).  When I realized that October 2013 has 5 Wednesdays and I post a recipe every Wednesday, I reached out to my pig farmer friends on Facebook to find some new farm wife tested pork recipes.  My dairy farmer friends didn't want to be left out, though.  Here is a recipe that Carrie Mess shared with me.  
  •  
  • Carrie is a Wisconsin Dairy Farmer who has a blog called The Adventures of Dairy Carrie, she can be found on Twitter @DairyCarrie and also has a Facebook page.  If you follow her for very long, you find out that her favorite cow in the world is Norma.  She says that she is the best cow in the world, but I would debate that point with her as I have some of my own favorites.   She has a sense of humor and honesty that comes through in her blog posts about everyday agriculture.
  •  
  • When I asked her what she called this recipe, here was her response, "I don't know what I call it other than my favorite pork recipe. Hubs calls it that pork with the olives and capers thing..."  I have renamed it Mediterrean Pork Tenderloin.  So without further ado here is:
  •  Dairy Carrie's Favorite Pork Recipe

  • 1 pound pork tenderloin
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/2 garlic powder
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine
  • 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pitted kalamata olives
  • 2 tablespoons capers

  • Preparation
  • Cut pork crosswise into 8 pieces. Place each pork piece between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle both sides of the pork with salt and pepper and garlic powder. Place the flour in a shallow bowl. Dredge pork in flour, turning to coat; shake off the excess flour. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of pork, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove pork mixture from pan, and keep warm. Repeat procedure with the remaining oil and pork. Return pork to pan. Add wine and broth; bring to a boil. Stir in olives and capers; cook 4 minutes.
My oldest son helped out by pounding the pork for me.  :)

Please take time to go check out Carrie's pages.  I enjoy the fun she has with everything on the farm.  She did not grow up on a farm and has a great way of explaining things that I have a hard time with.

And as I have all week, here is a link to another great pork recipe from a Kansas Pork Producer: 



Have a Porktastic week everyone! 


This recipe linked to:
Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop #80 
Melt in Your Mouth Monday Recipe Blog Hop

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! So glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is certainly one of those recipes everyone should have in their recipe files. One that takes a fraction of an hour to make, but looks like it could have taken you all day.

      Thanks for allowing me to share your recipe.

      Delete

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.