Pin It button on image hover

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Quotes to Motivate You

I had never been invited to attend an Alltech Symposium before this week and I must say I was blown away by the caliber of speakers and the information they shared.  I did not meet Dr. Lyons, president and CEO of Alltech, personally, but I must say that he struck me as an amazing leader.  Everyone working for the company was more than happy to accommodate any request and seemed extremely happy to be there and working for the company.

Dr. Lyons always had some great quotes about jobs, farmers, and life in general.  I tried to collect all of them for this post.  Maybe one of them will speak to you and brighten your day!


A leader recognizes that you should put the best people in opportunities not problems.

Leaders are curious.

A leader creates a culture.
That is the only competitive advantage we have left.

An entrepreneur always sees opportunities.

God did not make a farmer

God made trust

He trusted farmers with a purpose.

Give me a purpose and I’ll find a way

Give me meaning and I’ll go with you

Touch my emotion. I’ll make it happen


Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and again and expecting a different result. Albert Einstein

It’s not a job.  It’s an adventure

Opportunities are everywhere.

Sell dreams, not products.  Steve Jobs



A leader’s job is to waken
a person’s greatness.
What is your greatness?


My personal favorite did not come from the conference, but from a chance meeting with Dr. Patrick Wall on my flight out of Lexington on Wednesday.

We have enough food for every man’s need, but not every man’s greed.

We have more than enough food to keep everyone healthy, but the serving sizes that we (especially Americans) desire certainly have a level of greed to them.

I hope these gave you something to think about and maybe spark something inside you today.

-A Kansas Farm Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.