Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

W4DW- Josie's Italian Restaurant


What's for Dinner Wednesday?  Well, I haven't cooked much.  We've been eating a lot of what I cooked earlier like things in my Farm Wife Meal Planner.  We did go out to eat about a month ago to one of my favorite restaurants.  If you have to pick your days carefully, they are only open Wednesday through Saturday and don't open until 5 pm.

Josie's is located in the small town of Scammon, Kansas.  I have yet to find another business in town other than the gas station on the highway, but there is always a crowd at Josie's.  They serve authentic Italian food with recipes their great grandmother used to make.  YUM!

The service is impeccable something you usually don't get in a small town and they have a bar as well.

If you go be sure to request the anti-pasta, with your salad.  In fact, I give the boys my salad and just have the anti pasta.  ;)

Olive oil, green olives, black olives, garlic, artichoke hearts, mushroom and pastrami. 

My oldest son thought he needed the full size lasagna last time we were there.  He ate the rest for lunch the next day.

One of my favorites is the toasted meat ravioli.  The red sauce is out of this world.  It doesn't over power you with garlic and is almost sweet to the taste.  You can now even buy jars of the sauce at the restaurant.

The alfredo sauce was pretty good, too.

The dessert selections are amazing.  We love the cheesecakes.  The Turtle Fudge is our favorite.

The boys found out that the last trip the kids got free Dibs with their meal, but one of them still wanted cheesecake.


I hope you stop by Josie's sometime if you are ever in Southeast Kansas, Southwest Missouri or Northeast Oklahoma it isn't far from any of them.  It certainly is a hidden gem of an eating establishment off the beaten path, but well worth the drive.

And no I was not paid to do this post.  They don't even know I exist.  I just love good food and would like for them to continue to have a successful business.
-A Kansas Farm Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.