Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Hamburger Gravy

I have really been slacking lately on getting recipes posted here.  We had some things going on with the family that have taken a lot of time and thought.  I'll explain more on that later.

May is Beef Month and there are very few days that we don't have a meal with wonderful flavorful beef.  Be sure to check out my Ranch Wife's Favorite Beef Recipes to help you find new family favorites.  One of my favorite quick and easy meals is Hamburger Gravy over bread, biscuits, toast, potatoes or noodles, but usually toast.


Hamburger Gravy

1 pound ground beef
3 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 cups milk
salt and pepper to taste

Brown ground beef, be sure to break it into lost of small pieces and that it is nicely browned.  Sprinkle flour over hamburger and blend well.  Add milk, stirring slowly the entire time.  Cook and stir until thickened and serve.

TIP: Add salt and pepper your food after it is plated and you will use less!



-A Kansas Farm Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.