Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Even Star Football Players want to READ

In honor of October being Dyslexia Awareness Month, I have done a series of posts to help sort out the differences between Dyslexia and ADHD.  My friends and I are working to share what we have witnessed with a diagnosis and how tutoring can really help.

I found this story a while back on Facebook and while I don't know that the young man has dyslexia, I do think he has a powerful message:  We are all given gifts of different talents.  What means the most to us often is not what comes easy, but what we have to work to achieve.  Take a look at this Steve Hartman called You Can't Judge a Book  by Its Cover.  


http://www.cbsnews.com/news/football-star-shows-you-cant-judge-a-book-by-its-cover/

What did you think?  I shared this story with my sons who are not athletes, but excel in so many other areas.  They do have natural talents, but for one reading is a challenge.  I hope that one day when he is asked, he will say that overcoming his reading struggles is one of his greatest accomplishments.  We have an amazing tutor to thank for much of his success and drive.

-A Kansas Farm Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.