Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

W4DW-Amazing Banana Pudding

It has been quite awhile since I have posted a new recipe for you all to try.  January is a month of birthdays in our family.  Both of my boys, one grandpa, one grandma and a great-grandpa (God rest his soul).

I am not a great cake decorator even though my boys think I am.  I don't even really like to bake cakes.  I have convinced my boys that there are things better than cake for your birthday.  One of their favorites is Banana Pudding.  This recipe will even get teenage girls to come to a birthday party on a Saturday night and not go hang out with their friends.  This has happened more than once...they really love this stuff.

I am going to honest that this is pretty much the same as Paula Dean's Not Yo Mama's Banana Pudding, which I have never made.

Amazing Banana Pudding

1 box vanilla wafers
6-8 bananas
1 package cream cheese
2 cups milk
1 large box vanilla pudding
1 can sweetened condensed milk
12 oz whipped topping

Cover the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan with vanilla wafers, reserving the remaining cookies for later (or to snack on).  Slice bananas and layer over the vanilla wafers.

Cream the cream cheese then add milk and milk to combine.  Add pudding, sweetened condensed milk and blend well.  Fold in whipped topping. 

Crush remaining cookies and spread over the top of the pudding.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.

If you want a runnier pudding, use 8 oz of whipped topping (that's how I like it) or if you have more mouths to feed use 16 oz of whipped topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.