A guest post today from seasoned Fair Mom, Peggy Bellar who is watching the last of her kids finish 4-H this year.
Tonight begins the last 4-H fair my kids will ever be entered in. 5 kids, a million animals, and 16 straight years of 4-H. WOW! So here's to you and all the fair families. I couldn't sleep tonight and this popped in my head.
10 Reasons You Know it’s Fair Time
10. The woodworking project due tomorrow still has varnish drying tonight.
9. Cookies, breads, and cakes line all your counter space.
8. You are tired of eating the foods project “rejects."
7. All the kid’s clothes are covered in manure, dirt, sweat and animal drool.
6. The only clean clothes left in the entire house are the winter coveralls hanging on the back door.
5. You would die of embarrassment if anyone showed up unannounced at your house this week.
4. It’s like 120 degrees.
3. There are enough box fans going in one area to cool a small country.
2. The animal who left its hoof print deep in your foot yesterday is now the reason you are crying in the sale ring.
1. You realize the color of ribbon is not near as important as the memories you have collected.