Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Red Gold "All In One" Lasagna

I often laugh when people tell me that it takes too long to fix a home cooked meal.  Most of the meals I fix take less than 15 minutes of prep time.  I was recently contacted by the Red Gold Tomato company to try their Italian tomatoes in a quick and easy lasagna recipe.  This recipe is replacing my No Boil the Noodle Lasagna that I shared on Once A Mom Always a Cook.  This recipe really is as quick and easy as my old faithful recipes.  Quick and easy recipes have been a must with all the time we have spent warming up baby calves and taking care of a couple of special patients in the barn.

 
This summer my friend Jent of the blog From My Front Porch shared a couple of videos of tomato harvest on her family's farm in Indiana.  These tomatoes go straight to Red Gold to be put in a can for your family.  Check these out before you scroll down to the yummy quick and easy recipe.




Full Disclosure:  I was sent the following products to make this recipe along with a nifty serving spatula.  The products were given to me, but the opinions are all my own.  I already use a lot of Red Gold tomato products especially the ones with chili peppers to make my nacho cheese dip.
I loved how the diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano looked, smelled and tasted.  Just look at all those spices!
I have used crushed tomatoes before that still had a lot of chunks, but these reminded me of a really thick tomato sauce that I think would work great on homemade pizzas.  I mixed the 2 cans of Italian style tomatoes, a can of crushed tomatoes, 1 pound of ground beef and 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning together.
Then, I put 1 1/2 cups of sauce on the bottom of the pan.  I found that my soup ladle holds exactly 1/2 cup and makes a great way to transfer the sauce to the pan.

Place uncooked noodles over sauce.
Mix 1 carton of ricotta cheese with 3 cups Mozzerella cheese and layer ingredients.  (I just love my Pampered Chef stoneware even though it has a well used look to it.)

Recipe: Red Gold “All-in-One” Lasagna

Servings: 12
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour

Ingredients:

1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
1/2 cup water
1 (28 ounce) can Red Gold Crushed Tomatoes
2 (14.5 ounce) cans Red Gold Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano
1 (16 ounce) box lasagna noodles, traditional, uncooked
1 (15 ounce) carton low fat ricotta cheese
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

 Preheat oven to 350º F. In large mixing bowl combine ground beef, Italian seasoning, water, RED GOLD® CRUSHED TOMATOES and RED GOLD® DICED TOMATOES with BASIL, GARLIC & OREGANO.
Cover the bottom of a 9x13x2 inch baking pan with 2 cups of sauce mixture. Arrange 1/3 of noodles on top of sauce, slightly overlapped. Top with ½ of ricotta cheese, ½ of mozzarella cheese (I mix the cheeses together) and 1.5 cup of sauce. Repeat layers and top with last 1/3 of noodles and the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 to 1½ hours; until noodles are cooked. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
The recipe makes 12 servings, but you could divide the recipe into two 9x9 inch baking dishes and freeze one for a wintry night supper.

Nutritional info can be found along with the recipe here: http://www.redgold.com/red-gold-brand/recipes/recipe-details?recipe_id=1621

-A Kansas Farm Mom 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.