Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

W4DW-Peanut Butter Sheet Cake

Here is a little more about Karly Frederick and another recipe (she already shared her recipe for Chicken Crescents) from her cookbook Meals from the Field. I also want to say that it was through the Hutchinson News story that she mentions below that I found Karly.  I have a wonderful aunt who likes to send ag related articles my way and I love her for that!-KFM

I love all things agriculture, green and yellow (for John Deere of course), and harvest moons in Kansas. I am currently a freshman at K-State studying Ag-business, minoring in Agronomy and Leadership.

As my senior project last year, I compiled recipes that my family uses during wheat harvest to share a little about the custom harvest way of life.  After online publishing my cookbook, I was contacted by the Hutchinson News for them to do a story on myself and my cookbook. Little did I know that it would be featured on the front page! After this, online sales went crazy! It was such an awesome experience to see how my family's story and recipes would be all over the state, and even the country! I have been so blessed with this journey and hope you find my family's story of harvest through food just as neat!

I also want to thank Nicole so very much for this fun opportunity to be featured on her blog. Supporting fellow women agriculture is such an awesome thing! Thank you again Nicole!


For dessert, here is Peanut Butter Sheet Cake: You definitely have to have a love for peanut butter for this, but it is such a moist cake and is the perfect amount of peanut butter!

Peanut Butter Sheet Cake

Ingredients
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 stick butter
1 cup water
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla

Icing
1/3 cup milk
1 stick butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Directions: 
Mix flour, sugar, and baking soda and set aside. Combine butter, water, oil, and peanut butter. Boil for 1 minute, then stir in flour and sugar mixture, and beat. Add buttermilk, beaten eggs, and vanilla. Beat again. Pour into greased 10x15  pan. Bake at 350ยบ for 30 minutes. 
Icing:
Mix milk, butter, and peanut butter. Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat and add powdered sugar. Spread on hot cake.


Here is the link straight to the hardcover book on sale, but there is also softcover, PDF version, and ebook version available!

Also like Meals from the Field on Facebook! 

Karly Frederick

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.