Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Coca Cola Roast

When I sent out my plea for roast recipes, the Kansas Farm Moms responded in mass.  My friend Jane of M Bar Shorthorns sent a recipe that most would never try without a recommendation!  Here is what she sent me.

"Any Roast.. Lamb, beef or pork... 
Dry rub with Lowery's Seasoned Salt (make a crust on that bad boy)...
put it in the crock pot with a can of Coke... 
If you want BBQ, add a bottle of bbq sauce... 
If not, it is perfect with just the season salt and Coke. 
8 hours on low (in the crockpot) and YUM!"

She did get a few comments from one of our mutual friends.  His family prefers Pepsi and yet another friend said Dr. Pepper.  I even had a friend in Minnesota add that Cherry Pepsi with pork roast is awesome!  They all agreed that any cola is good, BUT NOT DIET.  

I have to be honest, I have heard of this, but have never tried it.  I am not a huge caffeine addict and did worry about it keeping me up all night, but the boys have been wearing me down, so I slept just fine.  We made the roast with Dr. Pepper and Lowry's and the boys all gave it two thumbs up.

What is your favorite way to cook a roast? 

-A Kansas Farm Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.