Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Leaves for Leontien

Yesterday I went to the Dermatologist.  This summer Randy had insisted I go to the doctor for a suspicious looking growth behind my ear.  I reluctantly went and found out that it was a Basal Cell Cancer.  I was LUCKY, but went to have an exam by a more experienced doctor yesterday and am glad to say I came home with a great report, but I have been following the story of a fellow blogger, Leontien, and her story is not so happy.  I do not know her personally, but I will tell you that we are both in our 30's and she is fighting an aggressive form of melanoma.  Please go to the doctor and have you and your loved ones checked for spots that don't belong on your body.





Leontien's friends have asked everyone to post pictures of fall leaves for her.   I had these pictures from this weekend and really didn't know what to do with them, but now I know why I was saving them.  Her story has touched me so much.  I will be saying a prayer for her and her entire family every day.  I hope that you will too. 

-A Kansas Farm Mom

19 comments:

  1. Oh wise words and beautiful photos. Leontien is a tough girl and these leaves will show her how much we care. I am glad you are OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love our cows, too and always have to take pictures this time of year. From what I have read about Leontien, she must be a typical farm tough girl and not much gets her down. My family is certainly praying for her!!

      Delete
  2. Forgot to say I love the cows. We have them and I never tire of seeing them. B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your story had a happy ending. I'm posting autumn leaves tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad your report was good and I thinking & praying for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie! It sounds like she can use all the prayers and positive thoughts she can get sent her way. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. It's so neat to see this show of support for such a sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more! I have never met her, but she obviously has made an great impression on her friends. Her story hit way too close to home with me this week and I couldn't pass up the chance to show her some support from Kansas. I would love to meet her someday!

      Delete
  6. great fall shot. such a great post & so very true. such a cute cow... does she have a name? (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth. I am glad you enjoyed the post. I feel so lucky and blessed after reading her story.

      The cow does not have a name; however, if you asked my boys they might tell you differently. :)

      Delete
  7. I find it so sweet that you also join for Leontien....love Ria...xxx...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Ria! I will be praying for Leontien to beat this cancer and be back to herself once again.

      Delete
  8. I'm so glad that you went to the doctor and was given a good report about your cancer! Early detection for any cancer is the best way to beat it. I had breast cancer in March of this year at the age of 43. It was through that early detection by way of mammogram that I did not have to go through chemo or radiation. I had a mastectomy and don't regret it one bit. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God is good indeed! Glad you made the right health decision for you and didn't have to go through any treatments.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful pictures. Great reminder. Glad your news was good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I love fall, but am afraid the leaves are falling from the trees much too fast this year. Glad you took time to read my reminder that we can't forget about our health. Have a great day!

      Delete
  10. Lovely post. Prayers sent. Thanks for a great reminder.
    hugs,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leslie! It seems we always have something to do: crops need tended, cattle need checked and the kids have activities but we often forget that we need to take care of ourselves as well. Have a great week and thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.