Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Leaves for Leontien

Yesterday I went to the Dermatologist.  This summer Randy had insisted I go to the doctor for a suspicious looking growth behind my ear.  I reluctantly went and found out that it was a Basal Cell Cancer.  I was LUCKY, but went to have an exam by a more experienced doctor yesterday and am glad to say I came home with a great report, but I have been following the story of a fellow blogger, Leontien, and her story is not so happy.  I do not know her personally, but I will tell you that we are both in our 30's and she is fighting an aggressive form of melanoma.  Please go to the doctor and have you and your loved ones checked for spots that don't belong on your body.





Leontien's friends have asked everyone to post pictures of fall leaves for her.   I had these pictures from this weekend and really didn't know what to do with them, but now I know why I was saving them.  Her story has touched me so much.  I will be saying a prayer for her and her entire family every day.  I hope that you will too. 

-A Kansas Farm Mom