Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

W4DW-Pork Meatball Appetizers



Continuing with The Pork Month Theme is recipe shared from a pig farmer friend in Minnesota.  I have several friends that raise pigs in Southern Minnesota and I can't wait to go visit them all again.  Wanda is my newest friend in Minnesota.  She is also new to blogging, so please go visit her page after you view this yummy recipe that my oldest son really enjoyed when I made it.

Hi, My name is Wanda Patsche and I am an agvocate living in southern Minnesota! My husband and I crop farm corn and soybeans and we also have a hog farm. Hogs are big in my county. We are the top county in Minnesota for raising hogs. I have three grown daughters, two of which are married and one who is a senior in college. Even though having three daughters is great, having  three grandchildren and one more on the way is even better! 

Agriculture is my passion! Being an agnerd and a computernerd has led me down the path of agricultural social media. October is Pork month and being pork farmers we eat a lot of pork. The pork meatball appetizer recipe is one I have brought to a number of holiday gatherings.  Everyone loves them!  You can find me on facebook at www.facebook.com/minnesotafarmer or checkout my blog at www.minnesotafarmer.net.  Consequently, my blog this week is on food choices! Be sure to check it out!



Pork Meatball Appetizers
1 pound ground pork
1 egg
1/2 c. saltine crackers crushed
3 Tbsp minced onion
1 can jellied cranberry sauce
3/4 C. chili sauce
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 1/2 Tsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In large bowl, combine ground pork, egg, cracker crumbs and onion
2. Roll into small meatballs - about 1" diameter
3. Bake for 20 minutes turning once
4. In crock pot, blend cranberry sauce, chili sauce, brown sugar and lemon juice. Add meatballs and cook for 2 hr on low.

 If you are still looking for another pork recipe, check out the Kansas Pork Association's Website.  My pick from their family farmers this week comes from the Springer family who happens to be the family who will be sharing a recipe with you next week right here on this blog!  In the meantime, check out Honey-Pecan Pork Cutlets.

-A Kansas Farm Mom


6 comments:

  1. How did you know I was looking for a meatball recipe this week? I knew I could count on you!!!!
    Thank you! This one's going on the Farmgirl Friday Recipe Box pinterest board right now!
    YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again,
    What kind of chili sauce do you use for the pork meatballs? I think i'm gonna whip some up today... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used Heinz Chili Sauce found with the ketchup at the grocery store. Hope your family likes them as much as my oldest son did! Have a great day!

      Delete
  3. Those look delicious! New follower from Melt in your Month Monday..have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your family enjoys them as much as my boys did. I am headed over to your blog right now to check it out and follow you as well. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.