Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

W4DW-Cherry Cheese Pie


Growing up the best recipes weren’t found online.  They often looked like this:

I don’t know if it is the memories that go with some of the recipes that make them taste better or not.  Both of my grandmother’s were known for their cooking in the area and they both played a large role in my childhood.  I have already shared my Grandma Jessie’s Zucchini Cake.  This recipe was a family favorite growing and was often our selection for a birthday cake. I think the most requested main dish for birthday dinners had to have been Barbecue Meatballs


Cherry Cheese Pie
1 graham cracker crust
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 can sweetened condensed milk 
½ cup lemon juice 
1 t. vanilla
½ can cherry pie filling or strawberries
Beat cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until smooth.  Add lemon juice and vanilla and mix thoroughly.  Pour into crust.  Refrigerate 2-4 hours.  Pour cherry pie filling over the top and serve.
A double recipe can be made in a 9x13 baking dish to serve a large crowd.  

Here is the version my 7 year old requested with strawberries.  I had a few in the freezer from his grandpa's garden last summer that were perfect for the cheesecake.