Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

W4DW-Cherry Cheese Pie


Growing up the best recipes weren’t found online.  They often looked like this:

I don’t know if it is the memories that go with some of the recipes that make them taste better or not.  Both of my grandmother’s were known for their cooking in the area and they both played a large role in my childhood.  I have already shared my Grandma Jessie’s Zucchini Cake.  This recipe was a family favorite growing and was often our selection for a birthday cake. I think the most requested main dish for birthday dinners had to have been Barbecue Meatballs


Cherry Cheese Pie
1 graham cracker crust
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 can sweetened condensed milk 
½ cup lemon juice 
1 t. vanilla
½ can cherry pie filling or strawberries
Beat cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until smooth.  Add lemon juice and vanilla and mix thoroughly.  Pour into crust.  Refrigerate 2-4 hours.  Pour cherry pie filling over the top and serve.
A double recipe can be made in a 9x13 baking dish to serve a large crowd.  

Here is the version my 7 year old requested with strawberries.  I had a few in the freezer from his grandpa's garden last summer that were perfect for the cheesecake.

9 comments:

  1. I truly treasure my recipe box, I don't care if I rarely use it or not, most of the recipes that are in there, I know by heart and rarely have to look them up. But the most special part is that many are written from people I love. I love that my homemade ice cream recipe is in my grandmother's handwriting or meatloaf from my mother in law, cookies from aunts, it's a trip down memory lane. Thanks for the reminder, friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful and one we will sure need to try!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharing this recipe on my Walking on Sunshine Facebook page later today! Thank you for joining Foodie Friends Friday! Please come back to VOTE on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe looks and sounds so delicious... I've featured this on my blog today for Tasty Tuesday! Thank you for all you share on the Farmgirl Friday Blog hop! I'm also pinned this recipe to the FGF Recipe Box!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious! I would have to make a double recipe to keep everyone happy in our house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks really yummy and delicious! Stopping by from In and Out of the Kitchen.
    www.carriethishome.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I make a pie similar to this, but we usually top it with blueberries! I have my grandmother's recipe box and her recipes all look like that!

    Forgive me for being so late in thanking you for linking up to the In and Out of the Kitchen party! I just got back from vacation and am trying to play catch up!

    See you next week at the In and Out of the Kitchen party!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I make this all the time--so easy and so good. Where do you live in Kansas? I'm in Wichita now, but lived on a farm in Kansas many years ago. My blog is forgetmenot.blogspot.com
    Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in the Southeast part of the state, about 2 hours from Wichita. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.