Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

W4DW-Bacon Cheeseburger Jalapeno Poppers

What's 4 Dinner Wednesday?

This week I HAD to go to the grocery store.  I haven't had time for a big shopping trip since January before all the baby calves started arriving.  I still need to do a stock up trip, but oh well maybe next week.  I passed the reduced price produce cart and saw a huge bag of hot peppers for the whopping price of 25 cents!!!  I knew they had to be used quickly, but Jalapeno Poppers sounded really good.  When I got home, I realized I had no cream cheese...that never happens in my house...I LOVE cream cheese.  Luckily, one of my favorite 4-H'ers texted wanting to know if she could come by for a visit after school.  I told her sure...if she brought cream cheese.  :)  She agreed and told her mom she was definitely eating with me that night.

Since we had a ton of peppers, we thought they should just be the main course.  After a little thinking, I came up with Bacon Cheeseburger Jalapeno Poppers.


Bacon Cheeseburger Jalapeno Poppers

1/2 pound ground beef, browned
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon creole seasoning, optional
1/2 pound bacon
Jalapeno or Serrano Peppers

 Combine ground beef, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and creole seasoning and set aside. 

Cut peppers in half and remove seeds.  Here is my Jalapeno Popper link to show how I cut and remove the seeds from the peppers.  Make sure you wear gloves when removing the seeds!!  One rub of your eye with hot pepper juice can set it one FIRE...believe me, I speak from experience.  :(

Spoon ground beef and cheese filling into pepper shells.  Wrap each pepper with a half strip of bacon and place in a baking dish.  Bake at 350*F for 30-45 minutes.

Sprinkle additional cheddar cheese over the top if desired.

-A Kansas Farm Mom

6 comments:

  1. How much creole seasoning did you use! Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used a tablespoon. We weren't sure it was totally necessary, but it sure made the filling taste good before we put it in the pepper shells. :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds wonderful! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! This sound delicious I love jalapenos and the bacon and cheeeburger just make it better. Thanks for sharing on Thursdays Treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look really good! I love jalapeno peppers and this sounds amazing- I can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds delicious! I love jalapeno poppers! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.