Pin It button on image hover

Monday, May 20, 2013

SRS-Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef



Welcome back to another round of Surprise Recipe Swap.  I was assigned a new blogger by Hungry Little Girl.  This month it was Amy's Cooking Adventures.  I wanted to share a beef recipe with you all, since May is Beef Month.  I found her fabulous recipe for Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef.

This fit in great with my crazy busy schedule this week.  We have been Spoon Feeding Nitrogen to Corn, Mowing Hay, replanting corn that did not grow along with all the regular cattle chores.  Yes, it is crazy busy in between rains here.

I shared my recipe for Spicy Shredded Beef last week.  This one takes a bit more prep time, but we all agreed that it is a step better if you have the ingredients and the time to measure.

I wish I had remembered to take a better picture. 

Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef

1.5-2 pound boneless beef roast
3 garlic cloves
1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper.  Place garlic, jalapeno, onion, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin and cayenne in slow cooker.  Place beef on top.  Cook on high for 6 hours for low for 8 hours.

After 8 hours, remove beef from the slow cooker and use 2 forks to shred.  Pour a small amount of the cooking liquid over the beef.

Serve as tostadas, tacos, burritos, super nachos or taco salad with your favorite toppings.

-A Kansas Farm Mom

If you want to join the Surprise Recipe Swap, follow this link to get all the details.  Be sure to check out more of the Surprise Recipe Swap posts and maybe you will find a new family favorite for supper tonight.  :)

HungryLittleGirl

4 comments:

  1. So glad your family enjoyed the shredded beef!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! This is something my family would enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! Just bookmarked. Please feel free to share with our G+ community, The Crock Pot Crowd. We welcome posts from bloggers. :) http://bit.ly/Zmy5vZ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slow cooker recipes are the best! And we're fans of mexican around here, so I hope to make this recipe soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.