Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

W4DW-Simply Elegant Steak and Rice

What's for Dinner this Wednesday?  A recipe that mom has made since I was a kid.  I love this recipe.  It's easy to do the prep work and put in the oven while I help the boys with their homework.  It also uses cheaper cuts of beef and the cooking method makes the steak super tender.  To make the beef easier to cut, I like to have the meat partially frozen. 

The recipe gives you 2 cooking options and it could easily be cooked in a crock pot as well.




Simply Elegant Steak and Rice
1½ pounds tenderized steak or sirloin steak
1½ tablespoons vegetable oil 
2 large onions
1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
1 (10¾ ounce cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup red wine
1½ teaspoons garlic salt
3 cups hot cooked rice

Cut the steak into thin strips.  Cut the onions into ½ inch thick slices and separate into rings.  In a large oven proof skillet, brown meat in the oil using high heat.  Add onions, sauté until tender crisp.

Drain mushrooms, reserving liquid.

Blend soup, red wine, liquid from mushrooms and garlic salt.  Pour mixture over the steak and onions.  Add mushrooms, cover and simmer for one hour or until steak is tender.

OR

Cover the skillet and bake at 350*F for 1 hour.

Serve over beds of cooked rice.

2 comments:

  1. My favorite kind of recipes....EASY!!! I'll have to give it a try :) I would love it if you stopped by and linked it up over at my link party, Random Recipe Link-Up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Havent made this in years. I know it's good too thanks for the memory. Making it tonight!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.