Pin It button on image hover

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Flat Aggie Letter to Request a Farm Guide

I have been working with a group of teachers to bring how food is raised into their classrooms through what I call the Flat Aggie Project.  Below is a part of the how we do the project.  Be sure to click on the Flat Aggie Page to see all the details.  Here is an example of the letter I sent to my friends requesting help with the project.



Friends,

I am working with teachers at schools to bring agriculture across America into their classroom.  I would love to get a current report from your farm or ranch and find out what is taking place in a certain month.

If you are willing to do the following, please respond to this e-mail so I know I can count on you!  If you want, you can request a month when you are doing something interesting, let me know.  I hope to fill the every month of school with a farmer report.

Here is what you would have to do:

·        
Please print the Flat Aggie PDF.  Be sure you do full size and in color. (It should take up the majority of a 8.5 by 11 piece of paper.).

·         Trim it like you would a paperdoll.

·         Take a digital photo (or several if you have a few minutes) of Aggie seeing something in your area — the objective is for the classes to learn about different areas of agriculture so get creative! It could be something that sets your area apart, Aggie could help feed livestock, shovel snow, go to the corn palace, go to your local school, work in the greenhouses, etc.

·         Write the class an email (send it to me) telling them about some of the adventures you & Aggie had during your visit. Some of the things its good to include are: climate, geography, tourist type info, and generally any other info that would interest first through fourth graders if they were able to visit you. One thing to note, I am working with Mrs. Piatt’s class so feel free to mention that.

·         Send the email (letter and photos) by the 15th of the month you volunteer for. We will package the letters, photos, etc up for Flat Aggie to take back and share with the class.
·         If you have a good ag in the classroom site that you would like to share, be sure to include it with your report.
Thanks so much with this project!  I will also be posting all the reports on my blog after the classes view them.  If you need ideas you can go to The House That Ag Built, she has been doing this project for several years and has all the posts about her class and Flat Aggie archived.
If you have a blog of your own, I welcome you to post the report on your blog and then simply email me the link.  I will also link back to it in several different ways.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me and I will make this as painless as possible for you!

Thanks again,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.