Pin It button on image hover

Sunday, December 29, 2013

2013 Most Popular Farm Related Posts

Looking back over my 2013 posts there is certainly some variety.  I was blessed to have 2 posts not written by me, but posted on my blog be extremely popular.  I am not sure what that says about me as a writer, but I am glad that I can at least identify good writing when I see it.  What was your favorite post of 2013?

1. Just a Farm Kid (is a job prospect extraordinaire) by Rudy Taylor

 "While attending a job fair last week where Taylor Newspapers manned a booth, I met lots
of job seekers. Some brought resumes.  Others just moseyed by, picked up the free stuff on our table and asked a few questions.  But one young woman created a memory for me.  She was a senior in high school, seeking summer employment before starting to a community college in the fall. “Are you hiring?” she asked. We said probably not, but we’re always looking for good resources, such as part-time photographers and writers.  “We’d be happy to take your resume,” I told her. Then she said something that stuck with me." 
Read More

2.  Memories of a Farmer Dad by Larry Lankard

"It was a sleepless Sunday night, my mind restless, till early Monday morn.  T’was not the outcome of the Super Bowl, which left the Raven fans elated and the 49’s fans forlorn.  It was a simple slide show ad, tractors and family, livestock and the land.  “So God Made a Farmer”, the voice of Paul Harvey, weathered faces and calloused hands. This was the reason, a slide show of memories, replaying over and over in my mind.  Memories of a special man, stout as an oak, stern yet tender, a smile so warm and kind."  Read More

3.  Heartache in South Dakota

"I have been trying to wrap my head around what happened in South Dakota last week.  The blizzard crippled an entire area, but the aftermath of what my fellow ranchers found after the snow stopped and winds subsided is nothing short of something out of a horror film."  Read More

4.  Oh No!  The Cows are Out!

"Are you new to living in the country? Have you ever been driving through the countryside and saw cattle out of their pasture?  Do you know what you should do?  Do you know how to help find the correct owner?  Do you even know how to describe a bovine?  Let's see if I can help you."  Read More

5.  Illness Strikes the Farm Family Team

"Most of my family doesn't like me to talk that much about them.  In fact, it's just not on here, they don't like everyone to know about their business, especially their health...it's...well...personal.  I would like to ask for your prayers (or kind thoughts if you don't believe in the power of prayer).  Cancer is attacking one of our family members."
Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.