Pin It button on image hover

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Illness strikes the Farm Family Team

Most of my family doesn't like me to talk that much about them.  In fact, it's just not on here, they don't like everyone to know about their business, especially their health...it's...well...personal.

I would like to ask for your prayers (or kind thoughts if you don't believe in the power of prayer).

Cancer is attacking one of our family members.

When any illness strikes a family member it is tough, but when it attacks a farm family it can be especially hard.

He is not only a family member.  
He is a co-worker.  
He is a business partner.  
He is a mentor.  
He is an ear to bend.
He is a referee in family farming discussions.
He is a fall back baby sitter.  
He is part of the glue that holds us all together.

The next few months will be trying for all of us.  As most of you know, we are a true family farm.

If I get permission to give you more information, I will, but in the mean time please send us your prayers and respect the privacy of those involved.

I do believe in the power of prayer in situations like this.  Two little boys have certainly proved it to me and many others this past year.  If you haven't read the stories of Killian or Braden, please do.  These kids have looked death straight in the eye and said NOT TODAY.  They have heard what the doctors have said and said NOT THIS YEAR.  They are truly an inspiration to me as I follow their journey through life.  I truly believe the same will be said for our family member.

In case you missed it, this month is Movember.  Read Dairy Carrie's post about the Dairy Industry's effort to increase awareness to men's health issues and prostate cancer in particular.

As I was contemplating posting this, The Fight of My Life showed up in my Facebook news feed.  I am reminded that we all learn from everyone that comes into our lives and that we all need a reminder at one time or another to take our health seriously.

Take care of yourselves.  Take care of your loved ones and give them an extra hug for me.

- A Kansas Farm Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.