Today, I have an opportunity for you to share. An amazing opportunity that could potentially change a young person's life forever. I have talked about the Not so Typical Summer Camp my oldest boy attended and what the organizer of the camp has to offer is nothing short of amazing.
It is no secret that I am a proud supporter of the 4-H and FFA programs. My kids show livestock for many reasons and one of them comes out in this interview. There are very few people in the world that are as caring and giving as livestock people. The following quote rings true with this interview:
“You can’t live a perfect day until
you do something for someone
who will never be able to repay you.”
Please take time to read the Q&A I had with Chastin Leggett, then take the time to share it with someone who could truly benefit from this experience. I know you won't regret it.
1. Tell us a little about your latest project.A. In February we launched an exciting new scholarship program titled the All for Him Lamb Challenge. This is a unique opportunity for 4-H or FFA members to win a free lamb to show and a full ride scholarship, to any You Gotta Believe Livestock Camp.
2. How &/or why did you come up with this idea?A. I have been very blessed by interest in my show camps this year and by people who have helped me accomplish my life long goals. I decided I wanted to give back to the youth and give them the same opportunities that people once gave me. Once I had the idea, I started making some calls and was very blessed by the amount of people who wanted to help this happen.
3. Who is eligible?A. Any 4-H and FFA member or child who has never been in 4-H or FFA but wants to join can apply. There is no state restriction; applications will be accepted from all states. Applicants must show citizenship and leadership as well as financial need. Scholarship winners are required to attend lamb camp and complete small monthly reports to help teach them more about their projects.
4. Where can we find the application? When is the deadline? Who can we contact with questions?A. You can find the application on our Facebook page YouGottaBelieveCamps. Or by e-mailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Anyone who has further questions is free to contact me at 620-762-2226.
The applications must be postmarked by April 1st, 2014.
5. Who is helping sponsor the lambs? Will there be mentoring on feeding and care available for
those who want it?
a. Brillhart-Slater-Leggett Show Lambs in Fort Scott, KS and Wright’s Farm in Fayetteville, AR helped launch the event by sponsoring the original two lambs. Clancy Anderson of Denver, Colorado stepped up and sponsored the advertisement for this event. After hearing about the project, Annuschat Club Lambs of Stillwater, OK offered to provide another lamb.
Other sponsors include Jodi Thompson, Les and Carrie Edwards, Tyler McVay, B-3 Construction, and Columbus Tire. Sponsorships are still being accepted either donations of lambs or monetary donations to help with show supplies and other expenses for the kids.