These questions follow the report Flat Aggie Enjoys North Carolina Strawberries. Additional educational materials can be found in the post All About Strawberries.
1. The average strawberry flower has 6 petals. How many petals do three flowers have?
2. Strawberry farmers plant 15,000 plants per acre. How many plants does Flat Aggie need to plant on 3 acres?
3. How many plants does Flat Aggie need to plant 46 acres?
4. The average strawberry production for strawberries is 25,000 pounds per acre.
A) How many pounds of strawberries can be produced on 3.5 acres?
B) How many strawberries in tons?
5. The average at seed had 175 seeds on the outside. How many seeds on would there be on 38 strawberries?
If you are a teacher or homeschooler that would like more information to go with the Flat Aggie reports, send me a message on my contact form. Along with the report and the Farmer Math questions, we send each teacher an additional page of activities, crossword puzzles and sometimes a few hands on activities.
-A Kansas Farm Mom