Pin It button on image hover

Monday, November 19, 2018

Flat Aggie Visits Lincoln County Tennesee

Hello from Lincoln County Tennessee.  My name is Ms. Faye and I live on a beef cattle farm.  I
am excited to share with you what Flat Aggie and I have been doing the past couple of weeks.  

My husband and I live, own and operate his family farm.  We are located in southern middle
Tennessee near the Alabama border.  We raise beef cattle. We have sixty Momma cows and
lots of baby calves at this time.  I have included pictures of our cows and the hay operation we
have to raise food for our cows.



Flat Aggie also helped me in our garden where we raise food for our family.  We have had
our first frost, so I have been cleaning the garden and taking out the plants that have produced
our tomatoes to eat , can and freeze for summer and winter.  Flat Aggie was right there with me.
He helped me pull the vines and the marigolds ( Flowers ) that I put in the garden to control the
bugs and pests that like tomatoes. Marigolds have an order that the bugs do not like.  


We had to repair fence when we had a storm and it blew limbs onto it and mashed it down.  Fortunately no cows found the hole and we did not have to herd them back into the pasture.

Flat Aggie went with myself and two of my grandsons to feed hay to the cows.  I believe that
was his favorite job while he was with me.



November 11-17 is Ag Literacy Week Ian Tennessee.  I went to many schools and read an Ag Accurate book to first, second and third grade students.  Flat Aggie came along with me. He enjoyed with classrooms just like yours. We read to over 450 students.  What fun we had!
                
I am sad to see Flat Aggie go, but I know he has to visit lots of other farmers across this county and bring back reports to many students.  Goodbye till next time. Flat Aggie.


For more classroom ideas and math problems, visit Beef Farmer Math and All About Beef.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.