Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

W4DW- Sausage Soup



One of my favorite fellow Kansas Farm Moms has once again insisted that I share one of her most requested recipes.  Shirley Felts shared her Spicy Sausage Skillet back in October for pork month.  She has now given me one of her most requested recipes for Sausage Soup.  Shirley also assured me that if I ever run out of recipes to share with you, she will help me out.  She is doing a great job of sharing recipes with me already and for that I am very thankful!

I was told I had to try this soup and even my mom agreed that it was pretty good.  Don't get overwhelmed by the long list of ingredients.  There really isn't anything that wasn't already in my pantry and it was quick and easy to make.


Sausage Soup

1 lb Sausage
1 cup water
1 medium potato, diced
1 onion, chopped
1 bay leaf
1 tsp liquid smoke
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp summer savory
1 10oz package frozen mixed vegetables
1/3 cup water
1 tsp sugar
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 soup can of milk
½ cup butter
2/3 cup Velveeta cheese, grated

Crumble sausage in large saucepan and cook until done.  Drain fat.  To sausage add 1 cup water, potato, onion, bay leaf, liquid smoke, pepper and summer savory.  In small pan, cook the frozen vegetables with 1/3 cup water and sugar until they are tender.  Pour mixed vegetables into the sausage mixture, and then add remaining ingredients.  Stir until well blended and simmer until the potatoes are tender and flavors blended, about 30 minutes.  Serves 6-8.

-A Kansas Farm Mom

1 comment:

  1. are jeggings too casual to wear to the clothes display live?
    Also see my page - buy leggings

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.