Pin It button on image hover

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thankful Thursday Our Beautiful Girls


I have spent the last couple of days learning more about talking to others about what it is we actually do every day in agriculture while in Memphis, TN.  I wanted to share some pictures of the girls that I have taken over the last couple of weeks.  We are just a few weeks from calving and can't wait to see the new babies.










- A Kansas Farm Mom

Shared on:  The Wife of a Dairyman
Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop

3 comments:

  1. I always wonder about horses and cows in the cold and snow, how do they manage! Will you bring them in a barn when it's time for the births?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, our cows and horses actually stay out all year long. They grow thick winter coats and we make sure they have plenty of body fat to keep them warm. If a cow or calf has some kind of trouble when the calf is born, they might be moved for the barn for a few days, but never long term. I have seen baby calves born outside when the temperatures were well below zero and within 15 minutes their mamas have them dried off and the calves are standing up nursing. They are truly amazing animals to watch. When we start calving, I will post some more information for you.

      Delete
  2. I am your newest follower from the blog hop! I am so excited to try out some of your recipes. They look great :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.