Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

W4DW- Taco Soup

  Wow!  It finally got cold here in southern Kansas and has stayed that way for several days.  The Farmer and I have been busy feeding the cows and making sure they can get to water.  When the ponds freeze over, we have to make sure they have running water in a creek or can step on the ice and break it close to the edge.  If they walk too far out on the pond before it breaks, they fall in deep water and can drown.  The cows are also eating a lot more trying to stay warm which means I have to haul more hay to them almost every day.

One of my friends, made this soup when my family went to visit her family a couple of weeks ago.  Jodi and I met many years ago at a Farm Bureau conference and really hadn't seen each other since until we both attended the Ag Chat Foundation social media conference this fall.  We have had a great time with each other ever since and I have a great time talking to her on the phone.  Jodi volunteers a tremendous amount of time to Kansas Farm Bureau as a committee member and as a classroom educator. 

This is one of those easy recipes that as long as you can run a can opener you should be able to make it.  It goes great in the Crock Pot for those days when you are on the run and need supper to be ready when the family stops to eat.

 

Taco Soup

1 pound ground beef
1 small onion chopped
1 can corn undrained
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 small can tomato sauce
3 cans diced tomatoes, undrained
1 package taco seasoning


Brown Hamburger and onions.
Put everything in a pot and simmer. Or put it in a crockpot.
Top with Fritos, cheddar cheese and sour cream.

-A Kansas Farm Mom

 Shared on:
 Foodie Friends Friday
Farmgirl Friday Bloghop 
Melt in Your Mouth Monday

1 comment:

  1. I havent made taco soup in a long time. thanks for reminding me your s looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing on FFF.
    Your co host from Nosh My Way.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.