Pin It button on image hover

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Snow Day! Oops, I mean Ice Day!!

We are super happy to get any moisture that falls from the sky these days.  We knew going into this storm that we would be right on the line between snow and sleet.  It turns out we were on the line between sleet and freezing rain.  So far, we still have power, but I am exhausted!  We fed the cows this morning in the rain and went back when the rain stopped to unroll hay, so the calves would have a dry place to sleep tonight off the icy ground.

I saw today that Beef Magazine is having a Winter on the Ranch photo contest.  I have numbered all the pictures and would love to have you let me know which pictures we should enter.  Farmer Randy took some of them and the boys helped out, too. 

1.

2.

3.

4. 

5.

6. 

7.

8.
9.

10.

11. This little girl got a trip to my house for a couple of hours to warm up.  She is back with mom now in a barn for the night.

12.

13.

14.

15.

16.

17.

18.


19.

20.

21.

With all the sleet on the ground, Farmer Randy thought we should have sno-cones.  :)

I am super tired from walking in the sleet and taking care of 3 calves that needed a little extra attention.  Let me know your favorite picture either here in the comments or on my Facebook page.

-A Kansas Farm Mom

9 comments:

  1. #1
    then #6
    Then #14

    :)
    Julie @ www.betweenthesunsets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being from the deep south originally, I just love the shots of the fences with ice hanging! I must have taken more than 20 pictures of icey barb wire yesterday.
    I can relate to the exhausted,too. Something aboutwalking in this ice crusted snow in Muck boots just wore me out......

    ReplyDelete
  3. #6. Love the red barn with ice.

    Understand the exhaustion. Thankfully we only had 2 calves yesterday. Lost one as he was born in a pasture we don't keep as close an eye on because his momma didn't look that close. He was alive when we loaded him in the jeep for the ride to the house, but had died by the time we made it back to the barn. Frustrating way to begin the day for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why can't you enter all your photos? Are you limited as to the number you can enter. Keep up the blog. I love checking daily to see what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynda! I am glad you enjoy seeing what we are doing. I can only enter 1 photo, but my husband took some of these and I have a 7 year old that loves to take pictures, too. I'll let you know of one of our pictures makes the final vote.

      Delete
  5. I really, really like #1 and #4!! Some great pictures. Hope you get some rest and that the babies keep doing good. Lots of snow here, but not as much as they said.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Numbers one and seven rock my world. Makes me sad I live on only one acre!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Thanks Joan. I do not mean to make you sad. I am sure you have a beautiful acre. I am so glad you visit my farm through this blog and hope you come back again!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful! Come on over to Hibiscus House I have highlighted this post! Thanks for linking up Dolly
    Link:http://hibiscushouse1.blogspot.com/2013/03/farmgirl-friday-blog-hop-98.html

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.