Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

W4DW- Kansas Farmer's Mexican Skillet

This time of year things get really busy.  I am like a lot of other mom's trying to get my full time job done, getting kids to soccer practice and of course I want to spend some time playing in the flower beds, so sometimes you need a quick easy and relatively inexpensive meal.  I really like that it is a great one skillet meal and the clean up is a snap.

Believe it or not my Farmer taught me how to make this recipe.  He doesn't venture into my kitchen very often, but this is one of the boys favorite dishes and it comes together so quickly.


A Kansas Farmer's Mexican Skillet

1 lb ground beef, browned
1 can Mexican chili beans
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 tablespoon chili powder or Cajun seasoning

Combine all ingredients in a skillet and simmer for 15-20 minutes. The boys like it with Parmesan cheese sprinkled over the top.

-A Kansas Farm Mom

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try this. Thanks for sharing.

    Sarah @ This Farm Family's Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great easy dinner. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday. Please come back Sunday to vote.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.