Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

W4DW- Easy Baked Brie


June is National Dairy Month, so each Wednesday I will feature a recipe that has milk, cheese, yogurt, etc. this month.  

A few weeks ago, I attended the Alltech Symposium with some of my blogger friends.  Included in the group was Dairy Carrie.  I have attended 3 conferences with Carrie and have yet to come home without a bag full of cheese.  At the Ag Chat Conference, I was introduced to yummy Sartori Cheese.  In November, I fell in love with cheese from Decatur Dairy which I used to make these yummy Taco Bites.  This trip, I was handed a wide variety of cheesy yumminess. My friends from Dirt Road Charm and Agriculture Proud also got a good sampling of cheeses to take home.  We are trying our best to consume them in a way that they can be fully appreciated.

Carrie gave all of us some Brie and said this is great warm with salsa, so here is my version of what she told us to do.  I don’t think I will ever try to make white cheese dip again.  This was so good and so easy that even my 7 year old could have made it.  Of course, when I went to make this, I didn’t have any salsa, but I had several cans of Rotel so I improvised.


Rotel Baked Brie


1 wedge Brie cheese
1 can Rotel, drained

Place Brie in oven proof dish.  Pour Rotel around the outside of the Brie.  Bake at 400*F for 10 minutes or until melted.  Enjoy with corn tortilla chips.  My friend Taysha made it and agreed it was delicious.

If you have never cooked with Brie, like me here are a few tips.  You do not have to peel the white rind off.  It gives it a mushroomy flavor; however, with my kids I should have peeled it.  They didn’t think they should be eating it and became very leery of it.  Taysha peeled hers and then stirred it all together after it was melted and said it turned out great.  

Have a great week and enjoy this super simple recipe!

-A Kansas Farm Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.