Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

W4DW- Cheese Crisps

What's for Dinner on Wednesday?  Well, it is going to be something quick and easy.  We are in the middle of weaning calves, finishing corn harvest, planting wheat and trying to beat the rain along with homework and school fundraiser season. :)

Did you know it is National Cheese Month?  I knew it was National Pork Month and I shared several of  my friends fabulous pork recipes last October.  Be sure to check the recipes tab to see their yummy recipes.  Since I am late getting my notice about Cheese month, how about a quick and easy appetizer or party cracker for your tailgating or holiday parties.

My oldest included these in his cheese themed basket at the county fair this year.  They
are one of my favorite super quick and easy, but looks like they took forever foods. 

Sorry, I don't have a better picture but I will try to get some made tonight when I get home from the corn field and we get homework finished, because they really are that easy. He also made the 2 Cheese Braided Wheat Bread that you can see in the basket.



Cheese Crips
    Monterey Jack or Colby Cheese

    Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. into ¼ inch thick slices.   
    Cut each slice in half
    To make squares.  Place 2 inches apart on stoneware baking pan or parchment
    Paper lined pan.  
    Bake 16-18 minutes or until cheese is lacy in appearance.  Cool cheese
    Crisps one minute on baking sheet and then transfer to cooling rack. 
   Can be eaten plain or with ranch dip.

-A Kansas Farm Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.