Pin It button on image hover

Friday, November 1, 2013

Agtastic Baby Gifts



I am a one of a kind gift person.  If I can spend a little extra time and give a gift that they won’t find anywhere else, then that’s what I am going to do.  If you are someone that loves to return gifts, so you can get EXACTLY what you want, don’t put me on your next baby shower guest list.  My cousin Lisa and I co-hosted a shower for our cousin Kim, whose adventures you can follow over on A House Lab.  (If you don't have a lot to do and want to make my pregnant cousins day, click on her page and let her watch her page views climb. )

I love the ink jet iron on transfers.  Have you ever tried these?  One of our cousins teased my boys once that he was jealous that had Thomas the Tank Engine undies.  Guess who made him his own Thomas boxer shorts for Christmas that year?  LOL  Oh, and it is the cousin that currently works for us.

If you have kids with unusual names, like mine and most of their cousins, these are a great way to help them have something personalized.  My boys can’t buy anything at a store that has their name on it unless they order it.

I thought a lot about what to give my cousin for a baby gift.  She lives half way across the country and requested either small gifts or to have the larger gifts shipped to her house. 

I bought a couple of packages of onesies, because I used tons of these.  They are great for layers in the winter and a nice cool complete outfit in the hot summers of Kansas.  But I couldn’t give her plain old onesies.  NOOOO!  So, The Farmer and I brainstormed.

This was my favorite:
Here's what The Farmer cam up with:
 And on the back...
 And one more

We thought of some good ag ones, but she and her hubs graduated from KU.  I got on Twitter to see what Jayhawk fans talk about.  It happened to be the night of the back to school teach their freshman how to cheer pep rally.  I even found a couple of ideas that the Jayhawk fans appreciated. 

Even though my cousin couldn’t read a couple of them without laughing.

What are your favorite baby gifts to give or receive?  I have several friends expecting babies very soon.  I could use some ideas.  What was your favorite of the ones I made?

-A Kansas Farm Mom

Check out the rest of my 30 days of Farm Mom Tips and the other farm bloggers joining me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.