Pin It button on image hover

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Crispy Turkey, Chicken or Beef Strips

I am not a huge fan of frying food, but this Spring my oldest shot his first wild turkey.  We were told the best way to cook it was to make it into "Chicken Strips."  I searched my cookbooks for a recipe that I thought would make great crispy strips. 

Crispy Turkey, Chicken or Beef Strips

1 egg
1/2 cup water
2 t. salt, divided
2 t. pepper, divided
2 t. garlic powder
1 c. flour
1 c. corn starch

Rinse turkey and let dry.  Cut into desired size strips. 

Beat egg and mix with water and 1 teaspoon each of pepper, salt and garlic powder.

Combine flour, corn starch and remaining ingredients.

Dip turkey in egg mixture.  Coat in seasoned flour.  I covered it deeply and let it set a couple of minutes.
Heat oil to 325*.  Add strips and fry until golden brown. 
A meat thermometer should be used to insure that the internal temperature is at least 180*.  I always drain my fried food on paper towels to soak up any extra oil.


I have made this with turkey and steak strips and the boys say it is definitely my best fried strips ever.  
Do you have any ideas of what I can make with the rest of the turkey in my freezer?

-A Kansas Farm Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.