Pin It button on image hover

Thursday, November 21, 2013

#foodthanks



This year as we approach Thanksgiving, I have been thinking about how fortunate we are to live in the United States.  We live where there is an abundance of food that is both safe and affordable.  In fact, the United States has the safest and most abundant food supply in the world.  I think it is important to give thanks for that food.

I have also joined the Ag Chat Foundation in giving #foodthanks and you can, too.  Pledge to donate a bag of food to your local food pantry and you will get one of these nifty reusable shopping bags.  The boy’s school pledged to deliver 1000 pounds of food to the local food bank this year.  If they reach the goal, tomorrow they will get to skip class to deliver the food.  Yes, the school has shopping carts filling up in the hallways.



What are you thankful for this holiday season?

I am also thankful to good health in our families.  While I have discussed one of our family members is battling cancer and another is having some breathing issues that the doctors are still trying to sort out, I also know that many others are watching family members or are themselves struggling with even more serious problems.  

It's funny how hearing of others issues worse than your own, can really put things in perspective and make you thankful for the life we have.  I guess that is why I have a reminder of the important things of life hanging on my wall.

-A Kansas Farm Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.