You can also find more Beef Farmer Math Problems.
1. A cow's maternity pen measures 12 feet by 12 feet. What is the perimeter of the pen?
2. What is the area of the pen?
3. Each cow consumes 3 ounces of mineral per day. How much mineral would 50 cows consume per day? How many pounds of mineral would they eat per week rounded to the nearest whole number?
4. A calf's normal body temperature is 101.5 degrees F. If a calf is born when it is 9 degrees outside, what is the temperature difference?
5. If a farmer has 65 cows and 3 of them have twins, what percent of the cows gave birth to twins? (Round to the nearest tenth.)
ANSWERS: 1A.) 48 feet 2.) 144 square feet 3.) 150 ounces 3B.) 66 pounds 4.) 92.5 degrees 5.) 4.6%
If you are a teacher or homeschooler that would like more information to go with the Flat Aggie reports, send me a message on my contact form. Along with the report and the Farmer Math questions, we send each teacher an additional page of activities, crossword puzzles and sometimes a few hands on activities.
-A Kansas Farm Mom