Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

W4DW-Hot Dog Snacks

The holidays are rapidly approaching and I am still harvesting soybeans.  I love get togethers with friends and family, but with my hectic farm schedule sometimes I don't get the time I want (or need) to cook.  Growing up a favorite appetizer in my family was Weiner Snacks.  I have no idea where my parents got this recipe.  We have made it for Christmas Eve, New Year's or any other time we had appetizers.

I love this recipe because it is quick and easy.  The boys can help put them together and it goes in the oven.  Then we have time to finish getting ready or finish cleaning the house.  My boys love this when we have company over for a party.

Hot Dog Snacks

1 (16 oz) package hot dogs or water chestnuts can be used as well
1 (16 oz) package bacon
1/2 cup grape jelly
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 cup brown sugar

Cut hot dogs and bacon into thirds.  Wrap each piece of hot dog with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.  Place in an oven proof casserole dish.  Heat jelly, syrup, and brown sugar in small saucepan.  Pour over hot dogs.  Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.  Keep warm in a crock pot if it will be awhile before you serve.

-A Kansas Farm Mom

Thank you so much to everyone that shared recipes for Porktober!  I had a great time trying all the new recipes you shared with my family.  If you missed one, be sure to check out my Recipe tab.  Remember, if you looking for more information about pork and the farmers that raise it, go check out the Kansas Pork Association's web site.  I have one last recipe to share from their pig farmers:

Linked to:
Food on Friday
Pink Hippo Party
Melt in Your Mouth Monday

You might also like:

     Jalapeno Poppers                                                         Pork Meatball Appetizers



5 comments:

  1. So yummmy! Thanks for linking this in. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look SO delicious! :-) Coming over to visit from Melt in Your Mouth Monday. Please feel free to come over and link up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." I'd love to have you join us. :-) Many blessings, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. My boys just walked in and saw the picture and were ready to have them for a snack. :) I will go check out your link. Thanks for the invite.

      Delete
  3. These look soo yummy! Can't wait to try them for my hot dog loving mini hippos! Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo party.
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, I love your parties and the ideas I find.

      Delete

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.