Pin It button on image hover

Sunday, December 30, 2012

W4DW-Touchdown Taco Dip



I am bringing you this week's recipe a early this week.  It was so close between my Facebook followers last week when I asked which recipe they wanted to see that I thought I would give you this one early in case someone wanted to make it for New Year's Eve.  

I found this recipe over 10 years ago when I was selling Pampered Chef kitchen tools.  The Farmer still asks for it when i need to take an appetizer or finger food to a social gathering.

Touchdown Taco Dip
1 can refried beans
8 ounces cream cheese
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons taco seasoning
2 garlic cloves, pressed
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
Optional toppings:
Tomato
Green Onions
Ripe olives
Cilantro, finely chopped

Preheat oven to 350*F.  Spread refried beans over the bottom of a pie plate or 8 inch square baking dish.  Combine cream cheese, sour cream, taco seasoning and garlic using a mixer.  Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over beans.  Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top.  Bake 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.  Add the additional toppings over the top and enjoy with corn tortilla chips.

If you are looking for other appetizers for your New Year's Eve or Super Bowl Parties, here are the links to the other appetizers I have posted.


7 comments:

  1. I swear that we make this about once a week! It is a big favorite at our house. We add meat of some kind to the refired beans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have thought about adding ground beef or sausage to the refried beans. I bet your version is way better with homemade cheese. :)

      Delete
  2. Oooo, that looks delicious! Perfect for the upcoming NFL playoff games :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it would be perfect. I love that it is a WARM taco dip this time of year.

      Delete
  3. That sounds a lot like a taco dip I make for gatherings too. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of us that like to cook and get together with friends have a dip much like this. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Are you ready for some football? This would be a perfect football day snack. I'm looking forward to trying it. Thank you for sharing at Foodie Friends Friday.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.