Pin It button on image hover

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Holiday Gift ideas

Around our house we love to make homemade gifts especially for the grandparents, aunts and uncles.  My oldest son is quite good at polishing stones and making them into jewelry and my youngest loves making barn quilts.  I suppose I should do a blog post on how they do it if anyone is interested.

I do have a wreath to give away as a gift and it continues to rain this week, I think I will be making more in my time hibernating in the house.
 

I absolutely loved this idea from my Country Fair Blog Party co-host Jan.  I never would have thought of writing a poem about my years as a child growing up in Kansas.  I love that the site even has a template for you to follow with suggestions.  I may have to get my boys to look at this.

Food and Swine linked up to the November Country Fair Blog Party and I love the idea of Kettle Corn.  My boys are addicted to Kettle Corn.  I have tried several times to make my own, but haven't perfected it quite yet.  I think it looks too cute in a Mason jar for a gift, or maybe that is her adorable son holding it that makes it look cute.

I have seen the Sharpie mug and plate tutorials ever since I joined Pinterest, but have never been brave enough to try them.  This maybe the year.  Jamie from this Unchartered Rhoade linked up her tutorial on the November party as well.


Jamie also has a post of ideas if you are still looking for something for your hard to buy for farmer. You can also check out my Farmer Gift Guide, Farm Mom Gift Guide,and Farm Boy Gift Guide
http://unchartedrhoade.blogspot.com/2013/12/gifts-ideas-for-farmer.html

If you are looking for things to entertain the kids when they get out of school, you might want to check out my post Recycled Christmas Ornaments for Kids to Make.

Are you finished with your Christmas Shopping?  Are you like me and still have a few projects left to finish and a couple of people you have no idea what to get them?

-A Kansas Farm Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.