Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

W4DW- Cinnamon Roll Muffins

I have said before how much I love 4-H here.  I am a firm believer that everyone should learn how to cook.  No matter what you do for a living, you have to eat everyday and I think it is a good idea to know how to cook whether you are male or female.

Another reason I like 4-H baking is that is forces us to go find new and interesting recipes.  Without 4-H, we never would have tried Chocolate Yummies, Whole Wheat Sugar Cookies or Henry Ford Chocolate Chip Cookies.

I have helped one of our favorite neighbors find recipes like Whole Wheat Angel Food Cake and Two Cheese Braided Bread.  Her daughter has became an amazing baker and I helped her bake for the fair several times.  She found this yummy recipe for my 4-H'er this year and even supervised his baking of them for the fair where he got Grand Champion!  I wish I had the link to the original post where she found them, but all I have is the had written recipe card she gave him.

I am thinking these are going to be wonderful for Christmas morning.  The Farmer says they are all like the center of a cinnamon roll.  The edges weren't hard at all.



Cinnamon Roll Muffins

    1 cup buttermilk                                     Filling
    ½ cup brown sugar                                    5 tablespoons butter, softened
    1 teaspoon baking soda                             1 cup brown sugar
    ½ teaspoon salt                                          1¼ teaspoons cinnamon
    1 egg                                                      Icing:
    3½ cups flour                                             1 cup powdered sugar
                                                                        2 tablespoons milk
                                                                        ¼ teaspoon water
    In medium bowl, mix together brown sugar, baking soda, salt,vanilla and egg. 
    Add buttermilk, then flour.  Stir together until thoroughly mixed. Turn dough
    out onto lightly floured surface.  Knead 1-2 minutes.  Roll into 12x24 inch
    rectangle.  Spread with butter, then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. Roll     
    dough into log.  Cut into 12 pieces.  Place into greased muffin tins.  Bake at
    375 degrees for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.  Cool 5 minutes and
    remove from pan.  Drizzle glaze over muffins.

*If you are like me and don't use buttermilk very often, my dad introduced me to powdered buttermilk.  It is similar to non-fat dry milk and is found with it at the grocery store.  The container tells you how much water and powdered buttermilk to add to complete your recipes.

-A Kansas Farm Mom

Shared with:
 Foodie Friends Friday

1 comment:

  1. Cinnamon Roll Muffins sounds like such a great idea!! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.