Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Book Barn Review Index

I am always on the lookout for books with an Ag Theme that are mostly accurate.  My boys and I have quite a collection.  Here are some of our favorites.  Did we miss any?  Let me know.  If you would like to write a quick review of one (or more) of your favorite kids ag book, message me and I will let you know what I need. If you just want to give me a book to 2 to check out at the library that is great, too!  (The ones in blue I have written reviews that you can click on to read.)

Barntastic Board Books

Cowboy Small by Lois Lenske
Mrs. Wishy Washy by Joy Cowley
Buzz Buzz Busy Bees by Dawn Bentley
John Deere Farm ABC
Moo, Baa, LA LA LA! by Sandra Boynton


Farm Friendly First Readers and Cool Classroom Reading

Pancakes! Pancakes! by Eric Carle
Levi's Lost Calf by Amanda Radke
Where's My Cowboy Hat by Katy Williams
Barn Cat in the Christmas Tree by Katy Williams
Corey Combine and the Great Big Mess by Elana Roth
Be a Friend to Trees by Patricia Lauber
 The Little Farm by Lois Lenske
More Farmyard Tales by Heather Amery & Stephen Cartwright
The Grumpy Goat by Heather Amery & Stephen Cartwright
Growing Farm, School and Me! by 6th grade students in Reading Pennsylvania
Milk Comes from a Cow? by Dan Yunk
Celebrate Wheat by Dan Yunk
Growing Up Strong by Dan Yunk
The Soil Neighborhood by Dan Yunk & Steve Swaffer

Moooving Up the Reading Ladder

Days on the Farm by Kim Lewis
Little Star....Raising Our First Calf by Rhanna and Sheridan
Johnny Appleseed by Jodie Shepherd
Hank the Cow Dog Series


Growing A Crop of High End Readers

Lamb in the Laundry by Ben M. Baglio
Animal Ark Series
Pet Finder Club Series
Misty of Chincoteague Series
The Horse Diaries Series
Dairy Queen by Catherine Murdock Recommended by a Facebook Follower
Harris and Me by Gary Paulsen. (Very funny book. Has mature language. Recommended for middle school readers.) Recommended by a Facebook Follower

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Leave me a comment.